Making A Boat Trailer
Building a boat trailer on your own has loads of advantages. First of all, it's very cheap compared to buying the new one. This is because the materials that you use are locally available. One can get a chance to personalize it to fit their specific needs and will not look like any other. Boat trailer building also serves as a learning experience. It may take quite a long time to complete. For every skill used, one learns a lot. When mistakes are made, they also help one to learn form them and rectify. In the future when the trailer fails, one will hence have a higher ability to repair it unlike if they had bought it. Lastly, the use of locally available materials; which are mostly recycled helps conserve the environment.
• To make a boat trailer, 6 things must be presented: bolts, aluminum pipes, PVC pipes and end caps, aluminum brackets and a power drill. The first step is to wash the thoroughly wash the boat in order to get rid of debris. As you do this, ensure that the rear axle is not tampered with. When this has been finalized, mark all of the necessary areas that need to be marked to act as guide when constructing.
• Next, place the aluminum bracket on the underneath the left side of the boat. This will be guided by the marks that you had marked to serve as guides. When this has been done, using the power drill, drill holes that where the bolts will be inserted to keep the pipe secure.
• The bracket is then used to insert through the aluminum pipe. To keep the two secure, use more bolts to hold them together, and tightly enough.
• Then, over the aluminum pipe, place the PVC pipe. This will help prevent the boat trailer from rubbing directly on it. Another hole should also be drilled and a bolt inserted to secure the two pipes, the aluminum and the PVC pipe together.
• Once this has been done, cover the pipe's end with caps. This helps safeguard the boat from rubbing against rough areas.
This is just a process that is done on one side of the boat. On the opposite side; repeat the same procedure and in no time, you will have your homemade boat trailer with you. As you do all this, make sure that you are properly clothed and protected to avoid getting yourself hurt.